Golf Breaks in Tipperary
At Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel
Enjoy a breakaway to Tipperary with an overnight stay in the 4* luxury Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel. Test your skills on our 18 holes championship golf course, enjoy a delicious three-course meal in the Junction One Restaurant & Bar, unwind in one of our elegant luxury rooms and full Irish breakfast in the morning.
• Full Irish Breakfast
• Round of Golf On Our 18 Hole Course**
• Delicious three-course meal in the Junction One Restaurant & Bar***
• Onsite facilities include: Beauty and Treatment Rooms, Platform Fitness, Ballykisteen Golf Club
• Idyllically located in the shadow of the Galtee Mountains
• 30 minutes from Limerick City Centre
• Complimentary, unlimited wifi throughout the hotel
Ballykisteen Championship Golf Course
Come and enjoy the Ballykisteen Championship Golf Course, a superb 18 hole, 72 par, Des Smyth designed course, unveiled in 1993.
With its clever design and suitability to all handicaps, this course is ideal for any golf trip. Set against a backdrop of the Galtee Mountains, the course is built to the highest standards, notable for the superb quality of its putting surfaces.
In designing the course, Des Smyth arranged each hole to the natural contours of the land, and an abundance of bunkers and water hazards feature on 11 holes.
Smyth himself considers the 6th hole as one of the signature features of Ballykisteen: "probably the most difficult in the country; 230 yards from the back elevated tee to a green surrounded by water on three sides and out of bounds on the left, nothing but a perfect golf shot will do".