With You In Mind Programme
at Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel
A message from David Byrne, CEO, Great National Hotels & Resorts
At the Great National Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and the people who work with us are our number one priority. For this reason, we have, over the past number of weeks developed our ‘With you in Mind’ programme.
In line with government and HSE advice, along with guidelines issued by the IHF and Fáilte Ireland we have developed and put in place new measures and protocols relating to how the hotel operates with a specific focus on the health and safety of everyone who visits us, works with us and interacts with us.
As our guest you will notice some changes we have adopted throughout our hotels, from the moment you arrive, to the facilities in your room, to your experiences in our bars and restaurants. However, one thing we can guarantee you that will not have changed and that is our commitment in providing you with a warm, welcoming, enjoyable and safe stay in our Hotels.
Chief Executive Officer
Your Arrival and Departure
·Hand sanitization units are available upon entrance to the hotel and directly at the front desk.
·Protective screens are in place for your safety.
·Arriving/ departing guests will be requested by our front office team to sanitize before approaching the desk.
·Visible markings will guide you safely in the hotel lobby, and our colleagues will observe social distancing during check-in and check-out.
·Contactless payment options and email receipts will be encouraged. Where this is not possible, payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction.
·Disposable gloves and sanitizing wipes are available to our guests should they require them.
·All Key cards are disinfected after every use.
· Payment on arrival is advised to minimise the contact on departure.
Our Public Areas
·Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout our public areas, outside public toilets and at the entrance to each of our food service areas.
·Frequent cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and touchpoints is being carried out throughout our hotel.
·Our furniture has been rearranged in lobbies and communal areas in such a way to allow you to enjoy our facilities with social distancing.
·Social distancing and handwashing signage are on display around the public areas.
·Doorways will be left open where allowed to reduce contact.
· Guests are advised that elevator access is restricted to two guests at a time unless from members of the same household or your immediate group.
In Your Guest Bedroom
· A thorough and comprehensive cleaning and sanitization programme are in place with hospital-grade sanitization chemicals for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touchpoints such as tv remotes, door handles, light switches, taps, shower and aircon controls.
· All of our rooms and public areas are treated with a proven and effective antimicrobial product, with a proven track record against Covid-19.
·All additional collateral and non-essential items will be removed from our bedrooms so we can focus on the highest levels of cleanliness.
·We have introduced a change in bedroom servicing procedures for in-house guests, this is for the protection of guest and our employees alike. Our guest will be informed of these upon arrival to the hotel.
·All our housekeeping attendants are provided with effective and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
·Linens will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 60°C for at least 25 mins to eliminate potential bacteria.
· A door seal is placed on each bedroom after cleaning for guest reassurance.
·Hand sanitization units are available on entry to and in the breakfast room.
·Disposable gloves and sanitizing wipes are available for guest use during breakfast.
· Social distancing is recommended and visual reminders are in place.
·Our dining tables and chairs have been rearranged in the breakfast room in such a way to allow you to enjoy your breakfast with proper social distancing.
· In accordance with guidelines, breakfast is plated and served by our team while maintaining social distancing.
· All condiments are now single-use items.
· Dining tables, chairs and menus are sanitized after each use.
· All breakfast items are covered and all guest cutlery is kept in protective coverings.
· Disposable cups and UHT milk available during breakfast if required.
Evening Food & Beverage
· All diners will now have the option of in-room and takeaway options, in addition to table service in our Bar & Restaurant
· Our Bar & Restaurants will now have a strict reservations (pre-booking) system to ensure physical distancing and for the comfort and safety of all of our guests. Hotel residents will be advised to book their table and time on checking in to the hotel.
· All of our restaurants are deep cleaned and disinfected at the beginning/ end of each day and regularly throughout.
·All menus are laminated and disinfected after each use.
·All guest cutlery is placed in protective coverings.
· Furniture has been rearranged in the restaurants in such a way to allow you to enjoy your dinner with proper social distancing.
· Contactless payments are advised.
· All staff will be provided with PPE and are trained in its correct use.
· Protective screens are provided where needed.
· All beverages will be served in accordance with the agreed government guidelines and in a safe manner.
Meeting & Events
·All of our meeting rooms are cleaned and set to the highest standard. Extra attention is given to common touchpoints in our meeting rooms, door handles, AV equipment, air conditioning panels etc.
· Rooms are set to ensure social distancing
· Hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and disposable gloves are available for every meeting
·Our Conference and Meeting Room capacities have been re-calculated to facilitate physical distancing that is in line with the current Irish Government guidelines on social distancing.
Gym and Swimming Pool
·Guests & members will be asked to sign in for use of both these areas at reception.
· Access and number allowed may be limited due to the need for social distancing. Hotel guests will be asked to book their time slot for use of both the pool and the gym.
·Guests must use the hand sanitising station before entering the facilities.
·Guests are also asked to sanitise any equipment used in the gym with the products provided.
·Physical floor markings are in place to indicate the correct distancing in our locker rooms. Guests are asked to please adhere to this.
·Guests and members
·Our Sauna and steam room will be open in line with government guidelines
• Physical distancing rules are observed by all members and their guests at all times in the car park, clubhouse and on the course.
• Pro shop staff are on hand to monitor adherence with physical distancing rules
• Tee times are booked in advance online, over the telephone or at hotel guest reservation stage. Clubs must ensure that players names (including visitors, members’ guests and hotel residents) are recorded on timesheets and timesheets must be kept for a period of at least 6 weeks to assist with contact tracing should the need arise.
• Players are instructed not to touch the flag or flagstick.
• Signage is displayed to reinforce physical distancing recommendations
• Hand sanitisers are available from the pro shop and at selection various point around the golf course.
Beauty & Treatment Rooms
· The day before an appointment each client will be called for a quick consultation over the phone.
·On arrival the client will have their temperature checked, be asked to use the hand sanitiser and asked to fill out a form.
·Each therapist will wear a mask, visor and disposable plastic apron.
· Gloves will be worn only if requested by the client.
· The therapist will wash their hands for at least 40 seconds in front of the client
· Common touch areas in the treatment rooms will be cleaned and sanitised after each client.
· Records including phone numbers of each client will be kept in order to assist with contact tracing should the need arise.